Most people want a great smile. Have you ever been around a group of bubbly people, and suddenly you started to feel giddy, too? This could be the result of a contagious grin. In the same way that yawning can make other people yawn, smiling can make others smile. In a Harvard study covered at NPR, we learn that smiling does not just affect the people you interact with, but it can affect friends of friends, too. When you are the center of attention and talking to multiple people, the waves of happiness are the strongest.
Benefits of Sharing A Great Smile
- Positive Feelings– Smiling makes it hard to feel bad, so as they say, “Turn that frown upside down”. It relieves stress and anxiety by releasing endorphins. These neurotransmitters relieve pain and boost your mood. Psychologists recommend forcing a grin even if you’re feeling angry or upset because it will instantly improve your disposition.
- Face Lift– When you have a happy beam, your facial muscles cause skin to lift, so you look younger.
- Healthy Blood Pressure– Being happy can reduce blood pressure, so if your blood pressure is high, do it more. People are less likely to suffer from high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
- Endorphins– Each time you happy emotions, you release feel good chemicals in your brain.
- Pain Killer– Grinning provides a natural pain killer. People will experience a higher pain threshold.
- Immune System– Emoting happiness boosts your immune system and improves overall health. Your immune system becomes stronger. By smiling more often, you might prevent colds and flus.
- Stress- You wear stress on your face, and that makes you look weary and tired. Next time you are in a stressful situation, put on a grin, and you will look less stressed.
- It’s Attractive- Smiling is the universal language of friendliness. Across the globe, a happy grin indicates approachability and acceptance. People are drawn to someone who puts a grin on her face. Frowning pushes others away.
What Does Art Have to do with a Great Smile?
An artistic dentist works closely with his or her patients to ensure that each of their concerns is addressed, and that the resulting enhancements are beautiful, but just as importantly natural looking.
In order to create a seamless look, the dentist may need to combine treatments, such as whitening all the teeth first, then applying porcelain veneers to a few that are disproportional or oddly shaped. And some patients may need more extensive treatment, such as a gum lift. In this case a cosmetic dentist may work closely with an oral surgeon, to design the improved gum line.
What treatments are best for me
Learn more about the many cosmetic smile changes that can be made to your smile. When deciding what treatment or which combination of procedures is right for you, make sure your cosmetic dentist knows which issues are causing you embarrassment, as well as what your dream smile looks like. While you might offer a celebrity’s grin as an example of what you want, a skilled, artistic dentist will help bridge the gap between that inspiration and what you have. Together you and your dentist can create a one of a kind enhancement that accents your natural beauty rather than detracting from it. If you already have a dentist, confirm the dental treatment advice that was given.
Age related cosmetic dental treatments
As we age, gravity pulls at our skin of our face. As our face droops, the lips cover more of the teeth. Eventually no one can see your teeth. If we lengthen your teeth with cosmetic veneers, it can bring back the impact of your smile. The affect is like a dental face lift, you look younger.
Smiling is important
We do it every single day whether we notice or not. Your appearance can affect the way others perceive you, improve your relationships with colleagues, neighbors, and friends, and even attract career opportunities. If you smile less confidently than you should, you are missing out! Not only does it impact interpersonal relationships, it is actually good for you. There are many psychological and health benefits to smiling frequently. Our staff has listed some interesting smile facts below.
- It can benefit your career. People who do it often at work are more likely to receive promotions.
- Over 99% of Americans believe a happy grin is important to social interaction.
- 70% of people in the United States believe that an unattractive smirk can hinder your personal and professional success.
- It takes more muscles to frown than it does to show a happy look. Smiling requires less effort!
Realize That It’s Worth It
Is a smile makeover really worth it? You are already interested in improving your look for some particular reason. Maybe it’s taking a toll on your self confidence. Maybe you have a sneaking suspicion you need more than just cosmetic care and that part of achieving a new “bright white smile” will include some work on your oral health, too. Having a great smile that is healthy and that is a feature that makes you proud is actually extremely significant. It affects your health, the way you feel, and your emotions. Why not be your best self?
A Great Smile IS Beauty
Whenever you smile, it brightens your face and makes you look more attractive and put together:
You’re never fully dressed without a smile. -Martin Charnin
A smile disarms anyone near you who has their guard up:
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword. -Charles Reade
Call us if you want a great smile
We know that you may not know what cosmetic dental changes you need. You just know that you definitely have some concerns. What to do about this issue, you wonder? Are you supposed to sit down, review the different esthetic restorative care treatments that we offer online, match up symptoms, and determine which is likely your best bet?
As far as our team is concerned, the answer is: Not at all. We would simply like to see you. We want you to understand that we practice with artistic smile design, which means we’re not providing you with stock solutions. Instead, we are going to take a wholly unique approach to determining treatments that we will fully customize to suit your needs. All it takes to get started is a visit. Many patients find they can maximize the beauty of their natural smiles with cosmetic treatments.
Learn about your options in cosmetic dentistry Chicago. Feel free to schedule a visit with Dr. Fondriest by calling us at (847) 234-0517. We welcome patients from the North Shore area of Chicago and the surrounding communities.
Dr Fondriest is a Nationally recognized and highly sought after cosmetic dentist. He serves clients from throughout the United States