Do you have complex dental issues that require extensive work? If so, it may benefit you to seek a dental second opinion before beginning treatment. Dr. James Fondriest, offers second opinion consultations at our Chicago area practice. If you are unsure about your proposed treatment, or simply want to hear another perspective, seeking a second opinion is your right. Dr Fondriest is a Nationally recognized and highly sought after cosmetic dentist serving clients from throughout the United States. The majority of his new patients come from other dentists that for some reason were unable to satisfy their patient client.
When to Seek Dental Second Opinions
There are several reasons why individuals may wish to seek a dental second opinion from a dentist. It is important to consider this option if you:
- Are curious if there are other treatment options available
- Your dentist doesn’t listen to you?
- Have received work that did not address your problem
- Feel that your current dentist is not qualified to treat your particular issue
- Do not have good rapport with your current provider
- Do you want to weigh the pros and cons of the advice already have received
I don’t like the results of my previous treatment. Now what?
Today, there is no reason to live with an unattractive smile. There is a treatment solution for every cosmetic problem. Here are the most common causes of poor aesthetic outcomes in dentistry:
- Few general dentists have advanced training in cosmetics or prosthodontics. Cosmetic dentistry is not taught in most American dental schools.
- Poor or inadequate diagnosis and treatment planning
- Failure to seek support (consultations or treatment help) from other specialists such as plastic surgeons, periodontists, orthodontists, and oral surgeons
- Invasive, abusive, or inept clinical technique
- Failure of the dentist to partner with an artist ceramist with the skills required to create these specialized cosmetic restorations
Dr. Fondriest often acts as a consultant or as a referral destination for many general and cosmetic dentists. They are sent when their patients are planning large restorative procedures such as dental implants, porcelain veneers, or artistic smile design.
Patients may either be referred by their primary doctor or come to our office on their own. This can be for a quick consultation or for a full and complete workup and treatment assessment. It is suggested to have your medical records sent if a more complicated treatment is required.
Understanding cosmetics and why dental second opinions are common
Smile cosmetics comprises an array of many dental treatments that create a positive change to teeth and smile. Do you have teeth that are discolored, stained, chipped,misaligned, or have another type of ailment? Cosmetic dentistry can improve the appearance of your smile, without compromising your health and wellness. Cosmetic dentists work with you and listen to your desires and goals. They then create a treatment that best suits your needs and desires. Some of the most popular cosmetic procedures include:
Cosmetic dentistry is undoubtedly a vast branch of dentistry that continues to see growth. Dr. Fondriest is a cosmetic dentist whose expertise is highly sought after for his skill set and proficiency.
What is Prosthodontic Dentistry?
Prosthetic dentistry is the area of dentistry that addresses the replacement of missing teeth. Doing complex treatment is not normally done by family dentists and most general dentists. The training required to do reconstructive work or smile makeovers is well beyond what your corner dentist can do. Some of the most common devices used in prosthodontic dentistry include:
A prosthodontist has at least three years of extended training in several branches of restorative dentistry. Also they receive training in the technological and technical aspects of laboratory manufacturing of prosthetics. Prosthodontists are also excellent sources for good dental second opinions.
What is General Dentistry?
General dentistry is the branch of dentistry that diagnoses, treats, and manages overall oral health. A general practitioner will provide exams, cleanings, and preventive education to patients regarding their teeth, gums and oral health. Some procedures performed include:
- Preventative maintenance
- Overall supervision of dental health including referrals for specialized care
- One tooth at a time dentistry
Have peace of mind and consider a dental second opinion with a cosmetic expert
We invite you to visit whether you have been referred to our office or not. We can help if you are seeking a new dentist, or looking for answers for unique dental problems. If you have decided upon a procedure to enhance your smile, we look forward to hearing from you. Dr. Fondriest invests in building quality relationships while providing unparalleled dental services and treatments to all patients. We are eager to help you with all aspects of your health care. Contact us today at 847-234-0517.