Fall is a great season to spend a bit more time cuddled up with those you love. Cooler temperatures means more time spent in close proximity, enjoying the warmth of a fire and each other’s company. But if you’re hesitant to spend time snuggling up because of imperfections in your smile, it’s time to call your cosmetic dentist. In as little as an hour, you could leave the dentist’s office with a more symmetrical and more beautiful smile, thanks to a cosmetic treatment called cosmetic bonding. If you want to feel confident bonding with those you love, cosmetic bonding can help!
What Is Cosmetic Bonding and What Can It Do?
Cosmetic bonding is a minimally invasive and quick procedure that can help correct a number of cosmetic concerns, including:
- Gaps between teeth
- Disproportionally sized or shaped teeth
- Worn or jagged edges
- Permanent staining or drastic discoloration
How Is Cosmetic Bonding Completed?
- Bonding is completed by applying a composite resin material to the teeth, which can then be molded to create a more shapely and symmetrical smile.
- Once it has been properly sculpted, a special light is used to harden the resin.
- The material used is the same one used for modern, tooth-colored fillings.
- It’s then polished to create a natural-looking sheen, which can blend seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- Because the bonding is completed by the dentist, in-office, treatment can be completed quickly and affordably, making it an ideal choice of cosmetic treatment for people on a tight budget or in need of fast results.
- Veneers offer similar benefits to cosmetic bonding, but with added durability and stain-resistance. If you are a heavy coffee, red wine or soda drinker, you may prefer the longevity of porcelain veneers.