Did you know that our tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body? Our teeth are meant to withstand bite force, bacteria, and trauma. Unfortunately, our teeth can still become cracked or chipped. At Lake Forest Dental Arts, we can repair and restore a damaged tooth. In today’s blog, your Chicago Cosmetic dentist, Dr. James Fondriest, uses a fun and informative quiz to discuss our methods of cosmetic smile repair.
Dental Repair Quiz
1. True or False: You should seek care for a damaged tooth right away.
2. True or False: Dr. Fondriest can repair smiles with dental bonding.
3. True or False: Porcelain veneers provide instant smile rejuvenation.
4. True or False: Your Chicago IL cosmetic dentist offers natural looking crowns.
1. True. When a tooth becomes damaged, the sensitive inner structure can be exposed to harmful bacteria. Soon, your teeth can develop tooth decay and eventually, a painful infection. Restoring a tooth protects and preserves your smile.
2. True. Dental bonding involves applying multiple layers of composite resin to your tooth. The resin can be shaded to blend with your surrounding teeth. As the material cures, Dr. Fondriest can sculpt and mold your tooth.
3. True. Veneers are thin shells of special dental porcelain. Using a powerful bonding agent, Dr. Fondriest can adhere the veneers to the surface of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are durable and stain resistant, repairing cracked, chipped, malformed, and worn down teeth.
4. True. A crown is a cap that fits completely over the visible portion of a tooth. Crowns protect the remaining tooth structure while preventing further decay or infection. Our dental crowns are craft from porcelain, so they blend seamlessly with your smile.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Chicago IL Cosmetic Dentist
Do you have a chipped or cracked tooth? Interested in restoring your smile to full function and beauty? Then contact your Chicago IL cosmetic dentist at (847) 234-0517. A 60045 cosmetic dentist, Dr. James Fondriest proudly offers general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services to patients from Lake Forest and the North Shore suburbs of Chicago.