Imagine this: you’re in the teeth cleaning aisle of the local drugstore trying to pick out a few items. Toothbrushes, toothpastes, floss, and mouthwashes bombard your vision. Which to choose,is the question, yet the correct answer doesn’t come to mind.
To help his patients avoid situations, such as the one described above, Dr. James Fondriest shares the top-rated dental products that just about everyone should try.
Highly-Recommended Teeth Cleaning Products for Daily Use
- Toothpaste: Colgate Total. This toothpaste is as good as the packaging states. According to the American Dental Association (or the ADA), Colgate Total effectively helps prevent tooth decay, plaque, and gingivitis. Plus, Colgate Total comes complete with antibacterial ingredients that provide about 12-hours worth of protection against oral illnesses and diseases.
- Sensitivity toothpaste: Sensodyne. If have sensitive teeth, we recommend trying Sensodyne toothpaste. Sensodyne is able block the pain associated with sensitivities from hot and cold foods and beverages, sweets, and even acidic foods. Furthermore, the Sensodyne formula has provided excellent relief for the last 40 years.
- Fluoridated mouthwash: ACT Total Care. Fluoride is the element that strengthens enamel and helps prevent cavities. By using the ACT brand fluoridated mouthwash, you can acquire extra protection for your smile. Simply follow the directions listed on the bottle to reap the full benefit of this oral rinse.
- Floss: Crest Gentle Glide. Flossing is an essential part of a sound teeth cleaning routine. Without flossing, patients miss about 40% of their dental surface. However, as important as flossing is, finding the correct type of floss is equally important. Crest makes an outstanding floss called, Gentle Glide, which eases between teeth, trouble-free. The secret is in the waxy, nylon fibers that clean teeth effectively without damaging the gums. Furthermore, Gentle Glide comes in a number of varieties, including: original, mint, and deep clean.
- Interdental cleaner: G-U-M Proxabrush. If you prefer to use an interdental cleaner rather than floss, try using the G-U-M proxabrush. With tons of tiny bristles, this brush can remove food bits from teeth in just one sweep.
Visit Us For More Teeth Cleaning Tips
If you would like more tips and tricks on teeth cleaning products, consult with Dr. Fondriest. With his expert knowledge, you can use dentist-approved products that promote a healthy smile. To schedule an appointment, call us at (847) 234-0517. Also, visit our website for services, testimonials, and before-and-after gallery. Dr. Fondriest and his staff welcome patients from Chicago and surrounding cities.