Tooth loss doesn’t just result in an unattractive smile; it can cause a whole host of problems. Depending on where and how many teeth are missing you may have difficulty eating, speaking, and maintaining straight teeth. The underlying jawbone can begin to atrophy or shrink which can cause problems if and when you decide to replace the missing tooth with an implant. The longer the space is vacant the more damage is done, that is why you need dental implants.
What Dental Implants Do
Not only do dental implants restore your smile and the function of your dentition, they are important for the following reasons:
- They help sustain your internal facial structure preventing you from getting an aged look due to facial sagging.
- They prevent shrinkage and loss of the underlying bone structure where the tooth is missing.
- They help keep your teeth in the correct position avoiding the development of crooked teeth.
- They restore tooth function allowing you the ability to eat a variety of healthy foods.
- They restore your confidence by allowing you to laugh and smile without embarrassment.
- They improve your overall quality of life.
Dental implants look, feel, and perform the same as your natural teeth. They do, however, require a surgical procedure. As one of the leading cosmetic dentists in the country, Dr. Fondriest, can meet your implant needs as well as offer a variety of treatments for a complete smile makeover.
About Your Lake Forest Dentist:
Aside from providing dependable family, general, and restorative dentistry services to our community, Dr. James Fondriest also holds respected academic appointments at the Pankey Institute in Key Biscayne, FL, and the Spear Institute in Scottsdale, AZ, and he is an adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Prosthodontics at the University of Florida Dental School. At Lake Forest Dental Arts, Dr. Fondriest combines his impressive array of experience with modern technology and caring, compassionate, knowledgeable staff, and we proudly serve patients from Chicago and all surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation, call our office today at (847) 234-0517.