If you want whiter teeth, you might be overwhelmed by the number of professional and over-the-counter products available. How do you choose the right one? You can start by eliminating over-the-counter products from your list, because they do not yield results that are as permanent or striking as professional whitening.
As for the right professional whitening treatment, Dr. James Fondriest, a Lake Forest, IL cosmetic dentist, administers two systems from Discus Dental: Night White Excel 3 and Day White Excel 3. You’ll take both of these systems home, because Dr. Fondriest does not recommend in-office bleaching.
Now that you have two great options for whitening, it’s time to learn more about them:
- NiteWhite Excel 3 is great if you prefer nighttime whitening. It contains carbamide peroxide in three concentrations: 10%, 16%, and 22%.
- DayWhite Excel 3 is great if you want fast (30-minute) daytime whitening and/or have sensitive teeth. It contains hydrogen peroxide in two concentrations: 7.5% and 9.5%.
- Both systems contain ACP (amorphous calcium phosphate), a technology developed and patented by the FDA, that, along with fluoride and potassium nitrate, reduces sensitivity, rebuilds enamel, and fills surface defects.
- Each system features new, eco-friendly packaging (everything from the tray cases and syringes to the box and instructions is designed with green living in mind).
- The systems have a dual-barrel syringe that separates the peroxide from the activator, which allows for a fresh blend of gel to be released with every application.
- Maximum results generally occur after 30 to 60 days of consecutive treatment.
Dr. Fondriest can help you choose the system, and the peroxide strength, that suits your sensitivity and lifestyle.
Ready for whiter teeth? Call Lake Forest Dental Arts at 847.234.0517. Dr. James Fondriest is a cosmetic, restorative, and general dentist in Lake Forest IL. He serves patients from the greater Chicago area, as well as the North Shore suburbs of Winnetka, Highland Park, Glenview, Lincolnshire, Grayslake, and nearby towns.