Losing a tooth can affect more than just your appearance. In fact, even a single missing tooth can start a chain of events that leads to diminished oral health and an increased risk of further tooth loss. At Lake Forest Dental Arts, we can replace one or more missing teeth using a dental bridge. In today’s blog, your Chicago cosmetic dentist, Dr. James Fondriest, explains how a bridge can return your smile to optimal function and beauty.
Dental Bridge Quiz
1. True or False: A missing tooth may lead to misalignment.
2. True or False: A bridge attaches to surrounding teeth.
3. True or False: Your Chicago IL cosmetic dentist provides natural-looking dental bridges.
1. True. When a tooth is missing, the surrounding teeth often drift towards the empty socket. This causes teeth to become crooked or crowded, making thorough brushing and flossing more difficult and elevating the risks of tooth decay and gum disease. Misalignment may also eventually lead to difficulty eating or speaking.
2. True. A bridge is an artificial tooth with crowns on each side. The crowns are placed onto the teeth on either side of the gap in your smile. The crowns hold your new tooth in place, restoring your smile.
3. True. Our bridges are made from lifelike materials. The crowns and artificial teeth are shaded to blend seamlessly with your smile. With a bridge, you receive a natural looking restoration that provides between 10 and 15 years of quality repair.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Chicago IL Cosmetic Dentist
Do you have one or more missing teeth? Then talk to your Chicago IL cosmetic dentist today. Dr. Fondriest may recommend a dental bridge to restore your smile. To schedule a consultation with Dr. James Fondriest at his Lake Forest dentist office, contact us at (847) 234-0517.
Dr. Fondriest is a recognized expert in cosmetic and restorative dentistry. We proudly serve patients from Chicago, Lake Forest, and the North Shore suburbs.