If you’re looking to cover flaws in your front teeth, or if you have cavities or unattractive metal fillings, cosmetic bonding is a great solution. Dr. James Fondriest provides beautiful cosmetic bonding in his Lake Forest IL dental office.
The bonding material that Dr. Fondriest uses is composed of durable, biocompatible (not rejected by the body), tooth-colored composite resin.
With composite bonding, Dr. Fondriest can:
- Place fillings in decayed teeth and preserve the healthy part of the tooth structure
- Replace metal fillings, which are not as biocompatible and are prone to cracking
- Cover flaws in teeth with almost no tooth enamel removal (an etching solution will lightly scuff the enamel to make the resin bond to the surface of teeth)
Like porcelain veneers, composite resin material has the light transmitting and shade qualities of natural teeth, Dr. Fondriest can place cosmetic bonding to improve the look of your teeth by:
- Closing spaces or gaps
- Replacing worn enamel
- Repairing broken or chipped teeth
- Reshaping crooked or misaligned teeth
- Covering permanent stains and discoloration
When you visit Dr. Fondriest, he will tell you if you are a candidate for composite bonding. If you are looking for a smile makeover, he might tell you about other options to restore your smile.
To learn more about cosmetic bonding and other smile makeover procedures, call Lake Forest Dental Arts today at 847.234.0517. Dr. Fondriest provides conservative cosmetic dentistry to patients in the greater Chicago area, as well as the North Shore suburbs of Winnetka, Highland Park, Glenview, Lincolnshire, Grayslake, and nearby towns.