Gone are the days of artificial-looking fake teeth. At Lake Forest Dental Arts we take pride in not only supplying our patients with the safest and most effective restorative treatments, but also ones that are esthetically pleasing. Porcelain crowns are one way we can cosmetically restore a patient’s smile, while providing effective long-term solutions for tooth decay or chips. Porcelain is more biocompatible with human tissue than most metals previously used in creating crowns. It’s also highly adaptable, so that we can very closely match the coloring and translucency of the rest of your teeth, to ensure a more seamless, natural smile.
What Makes Porcelain Crowns Better Than the Alternatives?
- Porcelain crowns are excellent ways to restore smiles because of both their biocompatibility and their customizability.
- In spite of being incredibly thin, the porcelains we use are also strong and durable.
- We offer several porcelain options, eight to be exact. We choose which one to use, or whether or not to combine two forms, based on each patient’s specific needs, and in order to best address everything from nighttime teeth grinders to preventing a black line along the gums, which can happen with inexpensive or inexperienced crown installation.
- Porcelain crowns can be used to restore individual teeth, or as part of veneers or other implants.
- Crowns are crafted specifically for each patient, in order to best match a patient’s natural teeth. The crowns are designed to match the shade and translucency of the teeth, as well as their natural contouring.
About Your Lake Forest Cosmetic Dentist:
Aside from providing dependable family, general, and restorative dentistry services to our community, Dr. James Fondriest also holds respected academic appointments at the Pankey Institute in Key Biscayne, FL, and the Spear Institute in Scottsdale, AZ, and he is an adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Prosthodontics at the University of Florida Dental School. At Lake Forest Dental Arts, Dr. Fondriest combines his impressive array of experience with modern technology and caring, compassionate, knowledgeable staff. To schedule a consultation, call our office today at (847) 234-0517.
Our practice serves the Chicago metropolitan area including the North Shore and Northwest suburbs