Ever wondered how much you actually know about how to keep your smile healthy, and to address problems that might arise? If so, talking to your dentist is certainly a good idea. Knowing the warning signs of dental problems, and how to address them if they exist, can be a good way of ensuring your oral health is restored as quickly as possible. It can also help you prevent extreme dental pain or even the need for extensive restorative measures. That said, these are a few good questions to get your restorative dental education started.
1. I have been diagnosed with a cavity. My tooth will likely need ________.
- A. a quick cleaning
- B. root canal therapy
- C. a dental filling
- D. to be extracted.
2. I chipped a tooth. The dentist will likely recommend ___________.
- A. extraction
- B. a replacement tooth
- C. teeth whitening
- D. a dental crown
3. I’m suffering form a painful tooth infection. ____ should help.
- A. Root canal therapy
- B. A filling
- C. Brushing my teeth
- D. Extraction
- C, in most cases of dental decay, a simple dental filling can help to protect the tooth and restore comfort.
- D, when teeth are chipped or cracked, porcelain crowns are frequently used to prevent further wear, as well as infection.
- A, if you are diagnosed with a tooth infection, root canal therapy is most likely what will be necessary to restore both your comfort and overall oral health.
In the case of any dental issue, the sooner you seek treatment, the more likely your dentist will be able to help using a minimally invasive treatment option.
Ready to Restore Your Smile?
Restorative dentistry makes it possible to address dental problems, and to prevent ongoing pain and discomfort. You can schedule a restorative consultation with Dr. Fondriest by calling Lake Forest Dental Arts at (847) 234-0517. We welcome patients from the North Shore area of Chicago, including Winnetka, Highland Park, North Brook, Glenview, and the surrounding communities.