The fastest way to get a pretty smile is to get pretty crowns. Whether you have broken, crooked, or missing teeth, pretty crowns can help. They work great on top of implants. There are any equally important benefits to restoring a damaged, decayed, or severely blemished tooth with a custom-designed porcelain crown. Made to completely cap the tooth, a crown prevents further dental damage while restoring the tooth’s ability to function as part of your bite. However, pretty dental crowns offer a number of additional benefits for both your smile’s appearance and your overall dental health. These crowns are made to mimic not only your tooth’s dimensions, but also its unique color, shade, and ability to reflect light. Dental porcelain is also more biocompatible than other materials, such as metal. This isn’t to say that PFM crowns don’t look pretty.
Reasons to Choose a Pretty Crown made of Porcelain
Fortunately, many modern dental restorations are often able to be completed quickly and with cosmetically-pleasing results. Porcelain crowns, for instance, can help to create nearly seamless restorations, that allow patients to smile confidently, and comfortably after treatment.
Crowns are recommended for protecting damaged and fragile teeth, such as those affected by deep cavities, or those that have been chipped or cracked. Crowns can also be used as part of a dental prosthetic, such as a dental bridge or a dental implant, to complete a smile.
How Can a Pretty Crown Help Your Smile?
Porcelain is incredibly similar to real teeth enamel, in both its stain-resistance and its chip-resistance. This is one of the reasons it has become a popular material for use in dental prosthetics and smile improvements. Because of their strength, these pretty crowns can be brushed like natural teeth, so long as you use a non-abrasive toothpaste. And with proper care they can easily last a decade or more!
Another benefit of these crowns is that they can be affixed directly to teeth, used as part of a dental bridge to support a prosthetic tooth, or even as a replacement tooth in conjunction with a dental implant. In fact, many patients choose porcelain crowns as prosthetics because of how seamlessly they can blend with their smiles, so that people will continue to notice their beautiful smiles, not their restorative dental work!
A More Lifelike Appearance
Dental porcelain, or ceramic, is a popular material for both cosmetic and restorative dental treatments. For instance, wafer-thin veneers can be made from the ceramic to be placed on the front surfaces of one or more teeth, creating an instant smile makeover. In the case of a crown, the same cosmetic benefits apply, which is why pretty porcelain crowns are often recommended to improve the esthetics of a tooth that is severely blemished.
Ceramic Pretty Crowns Make Beautiful Restorations
While modern custom fitted crowns can be created from a variety of porcelain types, including metal and zirconia, porcelain is one of the ideal choices because of its unique combination of strength and beauty.
- Porcelain is quite similar to your teeth’s own enamel, the outer layer of tooth that helps protect it from wear and decay. Like the enamel, it is strong and stain-resistant.
- Porcelain can be made to match your teeth in shape, size, shade and even contouring. It also has a similar sheen, making your restoration blend seamlessly with your other teeth.
- Crowns can be anchored a number of ways, including as part of a dental bridge or dental implant to cope with tooth loss. These offer patients a more stable form of restoration than dentures, along with the added beauty of porcelain.
- With proper care, like brushing, flossing, and regular checkups, porcelain crowns should last more than ten years, making them one of the most long-lasting forms of restoration.
Better Long-Term Oral Health
Like all crowns, a pretty crowns restore the health and strength of your tooth. However, porcelain is also highly biocompatible, meaning it’s kinder to your healthy, natural tooth structure. For example, porcelain causes minimal wear on your opposing teeth, which reduces your risks of experiencing further tooth damage and requiring another restorative procedure.
Pretty crowns have become incredibly popular in recent years, thanks to the number of benefits they provide.
- First, porcelain is strong and naturally stain-resistant, much like teeth’s enamel. In fact, porcelain is approximately 90 percent as strong as tooth enamel.
- Because porcelain is so similar to natural teeth, porcelain crowns can be brushed and cared for the same as natural teeth, making dental hygiene simple and convenient.
- Porcelain can also be used to create nearly seamless restorations. That’s because it can be crafted to match your natural teeth in shape, size and even contouring. Porcelain even has the same translucent properties of enamel, helping to add to the natural-look of a porcelain crown.
- With proper dental hygiene and regular checkups and cleanings, a porcelain crown can last ten years or more.
- Porcelain is less conductive than metal, making it more comfortable than metal crowns for many patients. Plus, it is safe for patients with metal allergies.
Find Out if Pretty crowns Can Benefit Your Smile
Besides being custom-designed to closely mimic the size, shape, and contour of your tooth, a porcelain crown also provides the additional benefits of a highly lifelike appearance and improved long-term oral health. To learn more, schedule a consultation by calling Lake Forest Dental Arts in Lake Forest, IL, at 847-234-0517. We also proudly serve residents of Chicago and all surrounding communities in the Chicago Metro area.