Do you have missing teeth? Are you wondering how you should begin your consumer research about replacing them? The prosthetic dentistry field offers many solutions: implants, dentures, partials, and bridges. This blog post will give a brief overview of dental bridges so you can discuss with Dr. Fondriest whether a bridge the right option for you.
Dental Bridge Procedure
A dental bridge provides a natural looking, dependable replacement tooth (or teeth). The replacement tooth (or teeth) is connected by securing crowns to adjacent teeth.
After your consultation, here’s what you can expect from your dental bridge procedure:
- Dr. Fondriest will prepare two teeth for crowns.
- We will take an impression of your prepared teeth and sent to our dental laboratory where a technician will fabricate your custom bridge.
- Dr. Fondriest will attach a temporary bridge that protects the prepped teeth until your next appointment.
- When your permanent bridge is ready, you’ll come in for an appointment. Dr. Fondriest will adjust the prosthetic as necessary to give you a comfortable fit and properly aligned bite.
- Once all adjustments are made, the bridge will be cemented in place and, with proper care, it can last up to ten years.
Advantages of a Dental Bridge
A dental bridge is a viable solution to replace missing teeth, and it costs less than other treatments. Other benefits include:
- Natural-looking and durable
- Is fixed, non-removable
- Can replace one or more teeth
- Can correct some bite abnormalities
- Can be accomplished in two easy appointments
If you are looking for an experienced cosmetic and prosthetic dentist in the Lake Forest or North Chicago area, contact Dr. Fondriest at Lake Forest Dental Arts. Dial 847-234-0517 to schedule a complimentary cosmetic consultation, or visit our website for more directions.