How do you feel about the appearance of your smile? For many people, an array of dental imperfections hinders the health and beauty of their smiles. In fact, a recent study conducted by Wakefield Research shows that over a third of Americans are unhappy with the appearance of their smile. Fortunately for residents of Kildeer, IL, help is right around the corner. In order to restore smiles to optimal beauty and function, your Kildeer IL dentist, Dr. James Fondriest, offers the latest in quality cosmetic dentistry.
Artistic Smile Design
At Lake Forest Dental Arts, Dr. Fondriest believes in artistic smile design. During your initial consultation, your Kildeer IL dentist will sit down with you to discuss your smile goals. He will then perform a thorough examination of your teeth and gums, assessing the cause and extent of your dental imperfections. After evaluating a number of different factors, including lip drape, tooth display, smile patterns, and facial asymmetries, Dr. Fondriest will prescribe a personalized treatment plan. Using innovative restorative and cosmetic techniques, your Kildeer IL dentist will provide quality improvement that reflects your unique facial structure and personality.
Our Cosmetic Procedures
Dr. Fondriest can offer both conservative and extensive restoration, employing a combination of our dental procedures. Our techniques for transforming patients’ smiles includes:
- Teeth Whitening: To brighten smiles and remove discoloration, Dr. Fondriest offers two forms of at-home teeth whitening. Both use a set of custom-made whitening trays and a powerful bleaching gel. With Nite White, patients wear the gel-filled trays over night for several weeks. For patients with sensitive teeth, Day White Excel 3 only requires the trays be worn for 30 minutes twice each day.
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain mimics the translucent qualities of natural tooth enamel. This material can also withstand the bite forces and pressures that natural teeth endure. As a result, we provide custom-made crowns using a variety of ceramic and porcelain materials. With a porcelain crown, your tooth can be returned to full function and health. A crown can be used to repair a damaged or decayed tooth, restore a tooth following a root canal, and even replace a tooth in dental bridge and dental implant procedures.
- Porcelain Veneers: After removing a minuscule layer of enamel, a custom-made veneer can be placed on the front of the tooth. Veneers are thin shells of durable and stain-resistant porcelain that repair and restore damaged teeth. Porcelain veneers can also be used to close gaps between teeth, correct the appearance of misalignment, and mask permanent teeth stains.
- No-Prep Veneers: Unlike porcelain veneers, no-prep veneers don’t require the loss of tooth structure. Made from incredibly thin porcelain wafers, no prep-veneers provide many of the same benefits as traditional veneers.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Using a composite bonding agent, Dr. Fondriest can repair chipped or cracked teeth, reshape malformed teeth, and cover permanent discoloration. The tooth is first coated in a specially shaded composite resin. Dr. Fondriest will then sculpt and mold the tooth, repairing damage and ensuring the tooth blends with your smile.
- Dental Bridges: A bridge allows Dr. Fondriest to replace one or more missing teeth. An artificial tooth will be constructed with two crowns on each side. The crowns will be placed onto the natural teeth on either side of the gap in your smile. The crowns hold the bridge into place, allowing you to eat, speak, and smile with comfort and ease.
- Dental Implants: A dental implant is a biocompatible titanium post inserted directly into the socket of a missing tooth. The bone tissue bonds with the post in a process known as osseointegration. Once bonded, a restoration will be placed on top of the implant post/posts. Depending on the patient’s level of tooth loss, they may receive a crown or a full set of dentures.
To learn more about our approach to artistic smile design, or to undergo a complete smile rejuvenation, schedule a consultation with Dr. Fondriest today.
About Lake Forest Dental Arts:
Aside from providing expert family and cosmetic dentistry services to our community, Dr. James Fondriest also holds highly-respected academic appointments at the Pankey Institute in Key Biscayne, FL, and the Spear Institute in Scottsdale, AZ, and he is an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Prosthodontics at the University of Florida Dental School. At Lake Forest Dental Arts, Dr. Fondriest combines his impressive array of experience with modern technology and caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable staff, and we proudly serve patients from all surrounding communities. To schedule your consultation, call our office today at (847) 234-0517.