At Lake Forest Dental Arts, we see dentistry as a labor of love. Dr. James Fondriest understands that a personal touch can make all the difference. Every patient is unique. Therefore, every patient needs a specifically crafted dental care plan. He will consider all aspects of your dental health, needs, goals, and desires to determine a treatment plan that will provide you with the best results. In some cases, you may need a smile makeover. First, however, the doctor will want to make sure your oral health is stable.
How will the dentist make a plan for me?
At your first appointment, we will give you a comprehensive dental evaluation. This will include performing a routine check-up and cleaning and discussing the future health and beauty of your smile. After your initial appointment, regular check-ups – once every six months – will be essential to maintaining optimal oral health. Using technologically advanced methods, Dr. Fondriest will ensure that you receive the best treatments with the least invasive procedures.
What sets Lake Forest Dental Arts apart?
In addition to collaborating with our patients, Dr. Fondriest also knows the importance of getting the input of other top dental specialists, and he will not hesitate to work with others for your benefit.
We want to be your go-to dental office for life. Our Chicago North Shore office has an intimate, boutique-like feel that our patients find cozy, warm, and inviting. At Lake Forest Dental Arts, we recognize that trust is earned. We are eager to work hard to gain your trust. What is best for you is always our number-one priority.
Who is Dr. James Fondriest?
Dr. Fondriest is a well-respected dentist as well as an author, speaker, and educator. A Lake Forest native, he enjoys working people from his hometown. He is a member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and the American Association of Fixed Prosthodontics, among others. Being an internationally renowned speaker, author, and a member of prestigious dental groups has allowed Dr. Fondriest access to some of the greatest minds and technologies in the field of dentistry.
What services does Lake Forest Dental Arts offer?
In addition to six-month check-ups and cleanings, we offer a variety of services:
- Porcelain Crowns – A crown can cover tooth that has been damaged, has a large filling, or has been partially decayed. A crown is simply a tooth-colored cap that will fit over your damaged tooth. Dr. Fondriest generally recommends all-porcelain or porcelain fused to metal crowns, because they maintain the integrity of an all-white, dazzling smile.
- Porcelain Veneers – These are handmade shells will be placed and bonded over your front teeth to hide imperfections, ranging from chips to gaps to stains to misalignment.
- Dental Implants – When teeth are lost due to gum disease or injury, dental implants are our preferred way of replacing them. Dental implants take the place of tooth roots and are held securely by integrating with jawbone tissue. This allows them to look and function like healthy, natural teeth.
- Dental Bridges – If implants aren’t right for you, Dr. Fondriest may advise a dental bridge, which replaces one tooth or a few teeth in a row. Bridges are fixed, non-removable, prosthetics that can be anchored to crowns placed on natural teeth, or to dental implant posts.
- Cosmetic Bonding – Composite resin bonding is used for tooth-colored fillings, as well as to build up tooth structure, as is needed when restoring a chipped tooth or filling a gap between teeth.
- TMJ Treatment – Temporomandibular joint disorders are incredibly common, and many times go undiagnosed. If you are experiencing headaches, jaw pain, earaches, jaw popping and clicking, or difficulty chewing, you may have a TMJ disorder. Dr. Fondriest will work to find the solution for you. Oftentimes, a simple oral appliance can reprogram jaw muscles and relieve nagging pain.
- Gum Lift – When teeth appear short and stubby, a simple gum lift may reveal more natural tooth enamel and a more attractive smile.
Schedule an Appointment!
At Lake Forest Dental Arts, we understand the value of individuality. Let Dr. Fondriest create a cosmetic dentistry plan for your smile. Call us at our Lake Forest, IL office today at 847-234-0517 to schedule an appointment. We serve Lake Forest, Gurnee, Deerfield, Highland Park, Grayslake, and Libertyville.