Do you ever feel self-conscious about your smile? Do you want a beautiful smile free of dental damage or embarrassing teeth stains? Dr. James Fondriest understands that a beautiful smile boosts confidence and helps make a great first impression. In fact, according to a recent Kelton Research study, a bright smile can make a person appear more attractive and successful. A large portion of those polled also said a gorgeous smile was one of the first things they noticed when meeting someone new. For people interested in a smile improvement makeover, Dr. Fondriest offers innovative dental makeovers. In today’s blog, Dr. Fondriest discusses the benefits offered by our quality cosmetic makeovers.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover involves Dr. Fondriest and our team using a combination of our breakthrough cosmetic and restorative procedures to address dental imperfections. Some transformations can be achieved in one appointment with minor costs while other smile improvement may require seeing many different dental specialists and treatment may last years. Examples would be when orthodontics or implants are involved.
Artistic Smile Design
When a patient expresses interest in a smile improvement, Dr. Fondriest will perform a thorough oral examination. After inspecting the state of their dental heath, as well as their facial asymmetries, lip drape, and mouth movements during speech, Dr. Fondriest believes dental work should reflect the patient’s personality and blend seamlessly with their natural teeth. There is an artistic smile design analysis that is done every time any significant dental work is planned. This planning is called artistic smile design. Dr. Fondriest can recommend the best procedures to improve smiles.
Smile Improvement Procedures
Dr. Fondriest provides an array of cosmetic and restorative techniques to transform smiles. A smile makeover may involve one or more of these state-of-the-art procedures:
- Teeth Whitening: Dr. Fondriest offers Nite White Excel 3, which allows patients to brighten their smiles from the comfort of home. Dr. Fondriest will take an impression of your teeth and use it to create a custom-made whitening tray. He will then prescribe a powerful bleaching gel. Simply wear the gel-filled trays during sleep to whiten smiles and remove stains. For patients with sensitive teeth and gums, Dr. Fondriest may recommend Day White. This system also uses a tray and gel, but is only worn for 30 minutes daily.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Using a special composite resin, Dr. Fondriest can repair chipped or cracked teeth, fill cavities, and reshape malformed teeth. The composite material can be shaded to match your natural teeth and provide esthetically pleasing repair.
- Porcelain Veneers: Thin shells of special dental porcelain are placed on a patient’s front teeth. Porcelain veneers are stain resistant and with proper care, can provide decades of restoration. In addition to instantly whitening smiles, veneers can mask the appearance of misalignment, repair broken or fractured teeth, close gaps between teeth, and lengthen worn down teeth. We also offer no-prep veneers, which require no loss of tooth structure and can be placed in a single visit. Veneers offer the most popular and efficient type of smile improvement process at this time.
- Porcelain Crowns: A crown is a cap that fits completely over an affected tooth, protecting and preserving the remaining tooth structure. Crowns address damage from injury or severe tooth decay. Our porcelain crowns are durable and natural looking.
- Dental Bridge: A bridge allows Dr. Fondriest to replace a missing tooth. A replacement tooth is crafted with a crown attached to each side. The crowns are placed on the teeth sitting on either side of the empty socket. The crowns anchor the new tooth into place, restoring your smile to full function and appearance.
- Dental Implant: A dental implant allows Dr. Fondriest to replace one or more missing teeth and prevent loss of jawbone dentistry, preserving your facial structure and protecting your smile. Dr. Fondriest places a biocompatible titanium post into the socket of the missing tooth. The bone tissue bonds with the post. Dr. Fondriest then places an abutment and a custom-made crown onto the top of the post. Dental implants provide a lifetime of smile restoration.
Schedule a Visit to learn more about Smile Improvement Makeovers
Interested in obtaining a gorgeous smile free of dental imperfection? We offer many of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures that conceal and correct a wide range of smile imperfections. We provide smile restoration with our innovative smile makeovers. Talk to Dr. Fondriest today! We offer patients the latest in innovative restorative and cosmetic dental procedures to obtain healthy, beautiful smiles. Call your Lake Forest cosmetic dentist at 847-234-0517.
Dr Fondriest is a Nationally recognized and highly sought after cosmetic dentist serving clients from throughout the United States