Just as a skilled painter can create something beautiful using only a brush and a few colors, a musician can write a song based on a few chords, and a poet can pen a masterpiece with only words and rhyme schemes, a skilled cosmetic dentist can create a beautiful smile using only a few forms of treatment. In fact, this is sometimes called artistic smile design, because it truly relies on the dentist’s unique artistry to help to both hide teeth imperfections and enhance a smile’s natural beauty. Unlike cookie cutter treatments, artistic dentistry involves first understanding a person’s ideals for his or her smile, and then working carefully to help achieve them. If you’d like a beautiful smile that truly celebrates your uniqueness, artistic smile design could be just the thing!
Treatments Can Be Combined
While many dentists offer cosmetic enhancements, few specialize in customized treatment plans that combine options in order to create a beautiful, nearly flawless, yet still one-of-a-kind smile.
- If you have deep discoloration or staining on all your teeth, your artistic dentist may recommend beginning treatment with professional teeth whitening. This can create a bright, white smile.
- But if there are disproportionally small or misshapen teeth bothering you, as well, then the follow-up may be dental bonding or porcelain veneers, both of which can create a more symmetrical smile.
- If some teeth appear too large, or are overlapping, an artistic dentist may use contouring to carefully etch away portions that are causing esthetic problems.
- Gum contouring, also known as a gum lift, is another procedure that may be recommended to help even out an asymmetrical or overly “gummy” smile.
- It often takes more than one form of cosmetic treatment to achieve a dream smile. Artistic dentistry makes that possible.