To offer lifelike and artistic cosmetic treatment, we provide an array of treatment options, from professional teeth whitening to lifelike dental crowns and fillings. However, we also have a procedure that allows us to treat esthetic concerns in a single visit: dental bonding!
Try Our Quiz on One Visit Cosmetic Care with Dental Bonding
- True or False: Bonding can address multiple cosmetic issues.
- True or False: We can complete the procedure in one visit.
- True or False: We might also perform contouring in the same visit as well.
- True. We can employ the bonding procedure to repair minor damage, such as chipped teeth. We can also mask permanent teeth stains, such as those caused by injury, fluorosis, or tetracycline, as these stains my not respond to teeth whitening. We can also close gaps between the teeth as well.
- True. We begin by preparing the tooth. We will remove any decay and then gently etch the tooth. The etching helps the composite resin stay in place as it cures. We shade the composite resin to ensure it will blend with the tooth. We then apply the material in several layers, sculpting the tooth as it cures under a light. Afterward, we polish the tooth for a lifelike appearance. The entire procedure will only take a single sitting.
- True. Contouring involves gently buffing away a small amount of surface structure to address cosmetic concerns. We often perform this in the same visit as a bonding procedure. We can use contouring to remove any grooves or pits in the tooth structure. We can reshape malformed teeth and even dull overly pointed teeth. If you have any questions or concerns about our cosmetic procedures, then please contact our office today.
Do You Have a Chipped Tooth?
We can use our cosmic treatments to repair your tooth, often in just one visit. You can schedule a restorative consultation with Dr. Fondriest by calling Lake Forest Dental Arts at (847) 234-0517. We welcome patients from the North Shore area of Chicago, including Winnetka, Highland Park, North Brook, Glenview, and the surrounding communities.