Father’s Day Inspiration from Lake Forest Dental Arts

It’s that time of year again, when we honor the father’s and father figures in our lives. Sunday, June 19, is Father’s Day in the United States. While you’re busy making last-minute preparations, keep in mind how important and rare a good father is. Lake Forest Dental Arts offers you these quotes about fatherhood to… Read more »

Food for Thought: Lowering Your Cholesterol

It’s no secret that fried and fatty foods can contribute to high cholesterol levels, but did you know that some foods can actually lower cholesterol? The National Institute of Health presented data showing that 75 percent of cholesterol is produced by your body, while the other 25 percent comes from the food you eat. Dr…. Read more »

The Incredible History of Dental Implants

For thousands of years, human beings have invented new ways of improving their looks. Cosmetic dentistry has long been part of the journey to reaching aesthetic perfection. Dental implants have a particularly involved history. The Origins of Dental Implants Though modern technology has changed the look of and placement procedure for dental implants, the concept… Read more »

Summer Oral Health Tips from Lake Forest Dental Arts

During the summer, you’ll probably be taking advantage of the warm weather by spending a lot of time in the sun. You probably know that sun protection is important, but did you realize how vital it is in safeguarding yourself from oral cancer? The lips are often forgotten when people apply sunscreen, and Dr. James… Read more »

Your Chicago Cosmetic Dentist Repairs the Results of Bruxism

If you have issues with bruxism (also called nighttime grinding) your dentist may have given you a bite guard to wear at night. But your dentist may not have the ability required to repair the effects of bruxism.  Dr. James Fondriest, a cosmetic dentist in Lake Forest, IL, can restore your teeth and reverse the… Read more »

Beautiful Dental Implants from Lake Forest Dental Arts

If you are missing teeth, it adversely affects your looks as well as your health. Dental implants, small titanium posts that act as roots for replacement teeth, can restore your health and make you feel more attractive and confident. Lake Forest Dental Arts is a leading dental implant restoration center, and today we want to… Read more »

Metal for Strong, Beautiful, and Safe Dental Work

Metal dental work has been surrounded by controversy for some time, because of the potential dangers of mercury and recent developments in beautiful porcelain restorations. But Dr. James Fondriest, of Lake Forest Dental Arts, stands behind the use of metal in dentistry. He values the health and beauty of his patients, and he incorporates both… Read more »

Your Smile Can Outshine the Sun with Professional Teeth Whitening

As we transition into summertime, you’re probably working on getting your body into shape for swimsuits and warm-weather clothes. But what about preparing your teeth? Cosmetic dentist Dr. James Fondriest, at Lake Forest Dental Arts, offers professional at-home teeth whitening to give you a summer-ready smile. Why Choose Teeth Whitening? A white smile is a… Read more »

Dental and Overall Health Tips for Men’s Health Month

Last month, we focused on Women’s Health Week. The entire month of June is Men’s Health Month. Perhaps men get an entire month because they are more likely to neglect their health, and because on average they die five years earlier than women and have higher fatality rates for diseases such as heart disease, lung… Read more »

The Benefits of Interdental Brushing

Do you skip flossing, or is it difficult because of dexterity issues, spacing between your teeth, or dental work? If you hate flossing, or find that it isn’t effective, you’re not alone. Dr. James Fondriest, a Chicago dentist, recommends interdental brushing (also called proxy brushing) as a fantastic, and often better, alternative to flossing. What are… Read more »